Biggins on Bankruptcy's Rehabilitative Function


I have just happened across the following exposition of bankruptcy's rehabilitative function as experienced by the actor Mr Christopher Biggins (pictured). The article, entitled "Christopher Biggins: 'Bankruptcy was the best thing to happen to me", appeared in the Daily Telegraph earlier in the year. Biggins noted:
"I went into voluntary bankruptcy 15 years ago. The trouble with being an actor is that we're still spending money when we're not earning. I didn't know how to stop taking friends to restaurants and drinking champagne and just carried on spending assuming that more work would come.
When it didn't come fast enough, I built up quite a large debt I couldn't afford to repay and I was advised to draw a line under it. I can honestly say that going bankrupt was the best thing that ever happened to me."
Picture Credit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/images/2006/06/14/widow_twankey_300x400.jpg

Comments